Kim Hill interviews Oxford Professor John Lennox. Here is the MP3:
Submission on The Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill to
Government Administration Committee
Society for Promotion of Community Standards Inc.
Parliament has no authority to redefine marriage and should not presume to engineer changes to a natural institution that constitutes the very fabric of society. Marriage is foundational to understanding and expressing the true nature of our humanity comprising the complementarity of the sexes in true union and the procreation of new life issued from that true union. Same-sex couples have the freedom to form meaningful and legally recognised relationships under the Civil Union Act. The concept of same-sex marriage is an oxymoron. Marriage by definition involves a man and a woman and its unique and distinctive quality must be preserved, protected and promoted by the State. The Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill should be rejected. The explanations provided in the Bill for amending the principal Act are legally flawed. Amendments to the Civil Union Act rather than the Marriage Act should be the means by which the GLBT community address their issues of inequality, denial of “rights” and claimed discrimination etc.
The full text is below, or you can access the PDF version (128kB) here.
Listen to the Executive Director of SPCS being interviewed on the Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill on Radio Rhema. [Read more...]
4 August 9.30am – 5.00pm,
Saint Columba Centre,
40 Vermont St,
This all day seminar is garnering a lot of interest. Topics include a history of eugenics and the current antenatal screening programme for Down syndrome and other conditions. For more information about the day or if you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 629 4361. Base donation of $20 please.
Confirmed speakers are:
Dr Gary Dennis, Rita Joseph, Dr Deirdre Little, Mike Sullivan, Colleen Bayer, Diane Belcher, Dr Catherine Hallagan with podcasts from Janet Lord and Dr Gregor Wolbring. You can download a brochure for the seminar which includes the speaker’s profiles and the subjects they will be speaking on.
The Society’s December 2009 Newsletter (Issue 110), among other things, addressed the questions:
- Who is funding the New Zealand porn industry linked to “porn entrepreneur” and NZ “Porn King” Stephen (Steve) Peter Crow? (He is now a banned as a company director for four years – see below).
- Who is company director John Malcolm Carr (see photo: http://www.carr.co.nz/images/jmc.jpg), an American citizen who is Principal of Carr Consulting P.A. (A Florida-based Professional Association) and who directs hardcore porn company Eden Digital Ltd and its mother company CVC Group Ltd? (Note: Steve Crow resigned as co-director of both companies on 15 May 2010, the day after he was served a 4-year banning order – see below).
- Is there a porn money trail leading from the US to Godzone?
- Why are unsecured creditors of four failed porn companies formerly directed by Steve Crow (two are currently still in liquidation), unable to be paid money owed them?
- Why is the NZ porn industry so closely tied to John Malcolm Carr, director and owner of NZ-registered companies – Velocity Partners Ltd, First Virtual Deposit & Nominee Co. Ltd, PJ Digital Ltd and Shelf Company No 10 Ltd (The latter owns a 3 million dollar plus property at Pakiri Beach, Wellsford)?
- Why has the National Enforcement Unit of the NZ Companies Office (NEU) and the Registrar’s Office been investigating company director Steve Crow and John M Carr and the companies they direct and/or own?
- Why is the Overseas Investment Office currently investigating the purchase of a $3,000,000 “sensitive” coastal property at Pakiri Beach purchased on 4 October 2005 by the NZ registered company Shelf Company No 10 Ltd owned and directed by John M Carr CPA?
The companies schematic diagram below, updated on 25 June 2010, is based on one taken from the Society’s December 2009 Newsletter (latest high definition version is available here in PDF format). Just two days after the Dec. Newsletter was published on our website Mr John M Carr changed all four company shareholdings – at the centre of the diagram – from “Cuchara Inc” (a defunct corporation name) to “Carr Consulting P.A.” and changed the shareholder’s address from 22588 Scenic Loop Rd, San Antonio, TX 78230-2253, US to 14/31 Greenlane Road East, Remuera, Auckland 1050. Then on 20 April 2010, while under investigation by the NEU, he transferred all the shares of all four companies into his own name and recorded his ”residential address” as Flat 14 Remuera Mews, 31 Greenlane East, Remuera, Auckland 1050. Checketts McKay Trustees Limited is the trustee for this property as well as 371 other properties throughout New Zealand. Charged with eight offences under the Financial Reporting Act 1993 brought against him by the Ministry of Economic Development, Mr John M Carr was summoned to appear before the Auckland District Court on 12 August 2010. Neither he nor his lawyer appeared and the case was adjourned at his lawyer’s request to 31 August. It was then adjourned again until 28 September. The case was then adjourned again and is now set down for 2.15 pm Friday 15 October 2010 in Courtroom 2. In the meantime on 2, 3 & 13 September, Mr Carr’s operations officer Deirdre Coker of Flat 14, 31 Green Lane, Remuera 1050 went on-line on the Companies Office website and changed Mr Carr’s residential address and his shareholder address where applicable, for all companies he directs and/or owns, to 289 Cornish Point Road, Cromwell 9384, New Zealand. On 13 September Mr Stuart Cairns, co-director of New Zealand Petroleum Exploration Ltd, changed Mr Carr’s residential address from the Remuera one to 289 Cromwell Point Rd, Cromwell 9384. On 14 September Mr John Frederick Commins, co-director with Mr Carr of IP Investors Ltd, did the same thing.
Steve Crow is back on the prowl in Palmerston North and Whanganui. When in Whanganui, he got egged, and even seems to admit that it is legal for Joe Public to express himself using such projectiles!
“We had one idiot throw some eggs at me,” Crow told reporters afterwards. “He did a good job, that’s alright. Freedom of expression, he can do that.”
The picture above is from PORN FREE STREETS, and has the following caption:
“Even soft-core pornography portrays women as sex objects who exist only to give sexual satisfaction to men. They are ‘pets’ or ‘playmates’ valued only from the neck down. Many porn addicts now admit they find it hard not to view women as chunks of meat because of viewing pornography.” (Shelley Lubben (a.k.a. “Roxy”), former porn actress)
Given that large numbers of men are addicted to porn, I wonder how female readers here feel about being viewed as ‘meat’? How does this affect relationships? How does a ‘meat’ addict view you in a relationship? What happens when you get the wrinklies and lose that porn-star figure you once had?
SPCS Submission to Secretary of Internal Affairs dated 15 May 2008: Application seeking leave to have the classification of The Peaceful Pill Handbook (New Revised International Edition), co-authored by Dr Philip Nitschke, reclassified by the Film and Literature Board of Review. [Read more...]