John Edward Clancy has created a Public Profile summarising his claimed “27 years and 5 months experience”. It contains a number of questionable and erroneous claims. The Profile states:
John Clancy Location: New Zealand
Education: Master’s degree – Business Administration and Management at Paramount California University completed December 2014 Grade 3.94 out of 4.
[Work] Experience: 24 years, 6 months
John Edward Clancy:
Manager-Operations Global Group New Zealand Ltd
Company Industry: Construction
Job Role: Management
January 2009 – Present
• Keeping the existing supply chains effective and establishing new ones, keeping tabs on the applicable logistics, new market trends and catering to the latest.
• Spearheading crucial projects by coordinating laterally between diverse technical teams and vertically across management hierarchy to seamlessly implement – project rollouts, management systems and process enhancements.
• Collating and analyzing data pertaining to various performance and business parameters to plan and effect turnkey business solutions, aimed at enhancing profitability, throughput and system responses.
• Ensuring and enforcing strictest adherence to quality standards by implementing rigorous quality assurance policies.
• Managing inventory levels, to control costs meeting targets and evaluating tenders for sub-contractors and outsourced jobs.
• Drafting annual budget, effecting cost cutting measures. Recruiting, training and managing middle level managers for departments under purview.
• Monitoring all occupational health and safety policies as per local and national bylaws..
FALSE CLAIMS – Re: “Global Group New Zealand Ltd”
New Zealand Companies Office Records prove there never has been a NZ registered company called “Global Group New Zealand Ltd“. However, two companies have been named “Global Group NZ Ltd” :
- Global Group NZ Ltd – Co. No. 1795177 that was incorporated on 28 March 2006, but was struck off the register of companies on 23 July 2008 (at least five months before Clancy claims he began working (January 2009) as an “Operations Manager” for the non-existent “Global Group New Zealand” ! Co. No. 1795177 had three Korean directors: Seong Woo Cho, Geong Sik Lee and Hyung Kuen Son. Geong Sik Lee owned all the company shares.
- Global Group NZ Ltd – Co. No. 5286701 that was incorporated on 23 June 2014 and which remains on the Register. This company has no involvement with the building construction business whatsoever.
Other than the two listed above, no other companies have been incorporated in NZ with the same name..
The list of “responsibilities” Clancy states he performed as Operations Manager of a non-existent limited liability company, is open to serious challenge.
CLAIMS Re: Masters Degree
John Clancy claims to have a Master’s degree in Business Administration and Management at Paramount California University awarded in December 2014.
Lieff Cabraser Legal has been investigating allegations that Paramount California University (PCU) is a diploma mill, issuing worthless degrees to American and international students.
The PCU website (http://www.pcu.edu/) has been shut down due to the online degree scam findings and the fact that the ‘University’ has no accreditation.
In order for accreditation to have any meaning, it is important that an online college’s accrediting agency be recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education.
PCU’s claimed accreditation on the CHEA website is false. Its claim to have received a Bronze level award from the USDLA is false as it is not on the USDLA website.
John Clancy also claims on his Profile that he has been:
General Manager – Operations
at JEC Joinery Installations Ltd. / Linear Installations
Location: New Zealand
Company Industry: Construction
Job Role: Management
July 1984 – July 1991
Interior construction and fit out company. Based in Burton on Trent with assembly plant in Bolton England) and manufacturing facility in Nigeria.
Key Project to Credit:
• Handled Projects with budgets in excess of 500,000 UK Pounds.
No company by the name “JEC Joinery Installations Ltd” has ever been registered in New Zealand based on Companies Office records.
Prior to coming to New Zealand Clancy was involved in failed companies in the UK. A Director’s Report based on his registered UK address, states:
JOHN EDWARD CLANCY 903673208 Registered Address: 34 The Maltings, Elton Close, Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2SU
Director Overview John Clancy holds 0 appointments at 0 active companies, has resigned from 1 companies and held 4 appointments at 3 dissolved companies. John is not registered as holding any current appointments. The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where John holds a current appointment equals £0, with a combined total current assets value of £0 and total current liabilities of £0. Roles associated with John Clancy within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary
Read more at: http://companycheck.co.uk/director/903673208
So what level of quality due diligence did officials at Housing NZ undertake before awarding contracts to John Clancy directed companies to rebuild housing in Christchurch followingt he earthquakes there?
Very little it would seem.
The Christchurch Press reported on 12 April 2014: “John Clancy, of Global Group, which has built apartments in Riccarton … is doing more in Linwood, Waltham and Edgeware.”
The Press reported on 21 May 2014 that John Clancey’s ….
“Global Group has built 38 Christchurch apartments in 10 months and will add another 100 in the next year.”
Housing New Zealand officials will no doubt try and play down the financial debacle that is unfolding in Christchurch involving companies directed by John Edward Clancy, arguing that only a tiny fraction of the total houses rebuilt involve him and/or his companies. Already one of his companies involved in the rebuild has been put into liquidation owing over one million dollars to creditors